My Top 5’s
I have never written about music. I realized how crazy that is as I ponder about life around 1am. So here I go, writing, about music.
MUSIC. It’s amazing, depressing, wonderful, genius, and FANTASTIC all in one. It has been one thing that has always stuck with me no matter where I go, and what I do. Since I have always loved writing and reading, lyrics have always meant more to me than just words. I find it so odd that people can listen to a three minute song without trying to interpret any of it’s lyrics. As I grow older, my taste has changed enormously, and I figured I’d maybe share some of it with my readers.
My music choices have always varied within different genres. I have never stuck to the music which some would call ‘mainstream’, and I highly advise for those of you who do to move on. Although sticking to the radio may be what your used to, TRY SOMETHING NEW. What you’re used to is great, until you discover everything else…
Music can mean so much more if you find the time to find the songs, and bands that match with you. Pairing songs with my emotions has saved me more times than I can count, and also ruined me. It’s so important (at least to me), to have playlists that match with how I feel.
For anyone who’s interested, here is some of the stuff I listen to & when I listen to it:
MY TOP 5’S
FEELINGS: When you’re confused, sad, lonely, or tired. Even if you want to just cry, and weep. These 5 songs have been saviors to me:
- Hallelujah/ Jeff Buckley
- Drive/ Oh Wonder
- Over My Head/ The Fray
- Sideways/ Citizen Cope
- Come Pick Me Up/ Ryan Adams
Break Ups: When going through those bad break ups. The in-between stage of angry & sad.
- Mr. Brightside/ The Killers
- Tonight I Wanna Cry/ Keith Urban
- Evidence/ 2AM Club
- Float On/ Modest Mouse
- So Sick/ Max Schneider feat. Sam Tsui
Chilling: When you’re just hangin out. This is what I usually listen to while reading, or just sitting.
- Here/ Alessia Cara
- Banana Pancakes/ Jack Johnson
- Rhythm of Love/ Plain White T’s
- Mr. Jones/ Casting Crowns
- Cough Syrup/ Young the Giant
Woke up with a smile on my face: The title is self explanatory.
- Sunday Morning/ Maroon 5
- Put Your Records On/ Corinne Bailey Rae
- Somebody/ Jukebox The Ghost
- Don’t Worry Be Happy/ Bob Marley
- Janglin/ Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic 0’s
White Girl Dancing: This title is also very self explanatory. My dance moves which always include seizure looking movements usually go along with these songs. (They’re as cheesy as you would assume)
- U Can’t Touch This/ MC Hammer
- Cha Cha Slide/ Mr. C The Slide Man
- Rock with You/ Michael Jackson
- No Diggity/ Blackstreet
- Give It Up To Me/ Sean Paul
Best Happy Country Songs: Sitting by the lake, on a boat, and drinking a nice cold soda. For those of you 21 and older, that soda is clearly replaced with a beer 😉
- American Kids/ Kenny Chesney (How can you not like this song?)
- Beautiful Every Time/ Lee Brice
- Smile/ Uncle Cracker
- Homegrown/ Zac Brown Band
- It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere/ Alan Jackson
Best Country Heartbreak/Sad Songs: If you’re looking for tears, this playlist has found them.
- My Little Girl/ Tim McGraw
- You’re Gonna Miss This/ Trace Adkins
- Miss You/ Darius Rucker
- Gravity/ Josh Turner
- Only You Can Love Me This Way/ Keith Urban
Best Country I’m In LOOOVEE Songs: The butterflies come with each song
- I Don’t Dance/ Lee Brice
- Sangria/ Blake Shelton (MY favorite song out of all… in the world)
- My Best Friend/ Tim McGraw
- Love Don’t Run/ Steve Holy
- Take Me There/ Rascal Flatts
TBT’s: Five songs will never be able to highlight the best of the oldies, but here are some of my favorites.
- Stand By Me/ Ben E. King
- My Girl/ The Temptations
- These Boots Are Made For Walkin’/ Nancy Cinatra
- Sara Smile/ Daryl Hall & John Oates
- Fat Bottomed Girls/ Queen
Well, that’s all I can possibly list for tonight at 1am. I hope you give them a listen, and enjoy them all as much as I have 🙂
the girl who listens to too much music